The National Small Business Chamber (NSBC) is championing the importance of Big Business and Government paying SME suppliers within 30 days - click here to show the Smaller Business Sector your commitment to them. SME’s as defined in the Codes of Good Practice are those entities with an annual turnover
of R35m or less.
Late payments at all-time high as SMEs
wait too long to get paid
• Late payments to SMEs reach all-time high
• Average amount owed to each SME at highest level
• Big business to blame for SMEs waiting for payment
• More than half of all SMEs burdened with late payments
• SMEs are going out of business due to late payments
We see SMEs going out of business every day, in many cases due to cash flow as a result of late or non-payment.
Prompt payment is vital to the cash flow of every business, and especially to smaller businesses. The Prompt
Payment Code is about encouraging and promoting best practice between government, larger organisations and their SME
- Mike Anderson NSBC Founder & CEO